Wesley Prep has many Treasure Traditions for all all age-levels that are carried on and looked forward to from year to year. These and many more exciting events will be a part of your child’s school year:
- Night at the Museum: This is a wonderful evening for the whole family. Third, fourth, fifth, and sixth graders bring learning to life through presentations of famous people, such as John Adams, George Armstrong Custer, Martha Washington, and numerous other significant contributors to American history. Third graders implement their problem-solving skills by creating games from their study of simple machines. Texas history is brought to life through letters from the Alamo and technology presentations by our fourth graders. Sixth graders’ study of world history illuminates characters and cultures that have shaped our world. Students are dressed in the attire of the time period studied, and it is truly an amazing evening when a school transformed into museum comes to life!
- All School Art Show: This fabulous showing of art is held in the Spring and includes the works of children from Mother’s Day Out through sixth grade. Students produce amazing artwork in a variety of media, including photography, ceramics, crayons, paper, clay, paint, collage and more.
Other events scheduled for each grade level throughout the year include:
- A reenactment of the trial from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by our fifth graders
- Kindergarten Kaleidoscope Musical Performance
- Musical performances from our Primer through second grade students
- Lessons and Carols Musical Performance at Christmas featuring our elementary students
- Mother’s Day Brunch and performance for moms of Preschool 4’s
- State Fair Fun Days for Preschool 3’s
- Open House for all families – provides an opportunity to meet with your child’s teacher and see student work throughout the school